Celebrating Americans of African Heritage
The movie “Hidden Figures” reminded us that members of the African American community led the way in American science, are and innovation. As we end Black History Month we reflect on the contributions of three unsung heroes.
Adult Discussion meets on Sunday at 9:30 in the Curtis Room.
- 26 February Adult Discussion - “Responding to James Baldwin through his writings and the new documentary film I Am Not Your Negro.”
- 19 February Adult Discussion - Part II: “What I Didn’t Learn in School about the Contributions of African Americans to Our Country’s History.”
- 12 February Adult Discussion - “What Are You Reading?” continued. Come and share.
- 05 February Adult Discussion - “What Are You Reading?” Come and share.
- 29 January Adult Discussion - “What I Didn’t Learn in School.”
- February 26 Children’s Religious Education - RE this week, February 26 Pre-Kindergarten: We Are Many, We Are One. This week we begin some classes looking at families with a class called “All Kinds of Families are for Caring and Sharing.” Our students will hear Robert Skutch’s story, Who’s in a Family, play a game of choices, and make some “families” using crafts. Kindergarten-First … Continued