- May 20 Minister Moment -
This Sunday is Christian Pentecost, the 50th day after Passover, and, in the book of Acts, the day the apostles were filled with the holy spirit and able to speak to every nation, in fulfillment of Joel’s prophesy. Interestingly, they tend to leave out this ... read more.
- Nearing completion! - Most of the rooms on the first and second floors have been painted. Ceramic tile work has been completed in the first and second floor restrooms and has started on the third floor. Electricians have been installing lighting fixtures, outlets, and switches on the first and ... read more.
- May 11 Minister Moment - Hello from the desert. I am spending a week with other Unitarian Universalist ministers, seminarians and religious educators learning about immigration across the Mexican border. On Wednesday we spent much of our time in Arivaca, Arizona, a small but well-organized community with one food store (larger than ... read more.
- So many finishing touches! - A new concrete curb and small ramp have been poured for the transition between the parking lot and entrance walk. The main entrance ramp is nearing completion. Painting in the sanctuary is about done. The sanctuary ceiling grid is about finished. That will allow final ... read more.
- May 4 Minister Moment -
Thank you to the Worship Services Committee for arranging Sunday services while I am away. You will have two of my friends and your neighbors in the pulpit for the next two weeks. Welcome Walter Clark this week and Rev. David Morris next. They will ... read more.
- Stage is taking shape! -
As of Tuesday of this past week, window sills were installed in the sanctuary. Air ducts and electrical wiring are being installed in the stage this week. Installation of base molding on the first floor is about done. With the exception of the kitchen ... read more.
- April 27 Minister Moment - Huzzah! Cheers and thanks for two events this past week. Our Music Sunday Service and our Death Cafe! Both were fine examples of the congregation working together to serve and create. First the music: Thanks to Matt Griset for leading “Earth and the People in It” a celebration ... read more.
- So much happening in May – Check out the newsletter! -
May has plenty of events you won’t want to miss.... read more.
Print a copy of our newsletter and keep up with all the events planned for our congregation as we transition to our new locationCVUU newsletter May!
- Potluck Celebration at UCN -
Also, help us honor our shared history and our memories as we say an official goodbye to 739 Yarmouth Street, to our beloved ... read more.
- Molding, doors, toilets & more! -
There are many new developments as the time draws near to moving day, (or days)! The best guess for our first service in the new building is late June, according to our Facility Oversight Team. Stay tuned!
Some of the plaster walls and ceilings on the ... read more.